ACME on Publication Strike for February in Solidarity with French Academy
ACME will not be publishing our February issue in solidarity with our colleagues in France who have shut down their journals as part of the protest against the neoliberalization of the university. Please share information of this strike with other lists and your colleagues. For more about the protest, see the links below the protest image.
Anonymous. 2020. Design drawn from this open source image, which has been used a number of writers organizations and protests.
More information about the protest:
- The call for solidarity by French journals, multilingual
- David Matthews, « Backlash over call for ‘Darwinism’ in French research funding », Times Higher Education, 21 janvier 2020.
- A Threat to the Quality of Academic Research in France, by Philippe Huneman, Dailynous.com, January 9, 2020.
- the Twitter account of the movement: @UnivOuverte
- an analysis of the LPPR law (in French)
- the statement and plan of action by university and research team delegates (faculty, support staff, librarians, etc., including many in precarious situations) at the Feb 2 national meeting in Paris (in French)
- the map of protest action
Further links submitted after the original post:
- on Dissent in European higher education and research: https://academia.hypotheses.org/lheure-est-greve/dissent-in-european-higher-education